Showing all 6 results
Everyone has a dream kitchen that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. What not everyone knows is that the sink is what ties it all together. At Marina Isles, we offer a range of stylish kitchen sinks made from an array of durable materials, including stainless steel, fireclay and composite.
When it comes to kitchen sinks, it is recommended that you pick one that suits the overall design of the room. Popular styles include single bowl, double bowl, farmhouse, under-mount, top-mount and commercial.
Historical Significance of Farmhouse Kitchen Sinks
The Belfast sink, often referred to as the farmhouse sink, emerged in the 1700s as a popular and robust sink in Britain and Ireland. The farmhouse sink was around before taps became a common household feature. They are identifiable by their large size, which was utilised to carry water that was manually brought from the wells, rivers and streams.
The farmhouse sink provides a classical and traditional touch and has remained a popular choice since despite the latest modern designs. It is known by several names, but is most commonly referred to as the farmhouse sink or butler sink in Australia.
The main features of a farmhouse kitchen sink:
- Size: with a lot more space and depth, this is a great option for those looking for a sink that can handle all their dishes in one wash. Although, you may need to invest in a washing rack to dry the dishes as this sink has no drainage grooves.
- Drainage Options: We also offer farmhouse sinks that have drainage grooves making it easy to stand dishes to one side of the sink. These are similar in design to typical double stainless sinks.
- Typical installation: this kitchen sink is extremely heavy and requires custom-made cabinetry for proper support. During the installation process, it is essential that the edges are completely sealed.
- Easy to clean: due to its size, depth and simplicity, it is easier to clean.
Why Choose Farmhouse Kitchen Sinks?
There are many advantages to selecting this particular style of sink:
- It is perfect for regular use in your kitchen and laundry
- Its depth is useful if there are many dishes to clean, or if one needs to wash their pets, baby or clothes (in the laundry room)
- There are many sizes and materials to choose from, including fire clay, stainless steel, stone or copper
- They are stain and scratch resistant – rubber mats are available to protect the sink when washing large heavy pots.
- It is durable and maintenance-free
Marina Isles is the best place to obtain architectural hardware for the kitchen and bathroom, such as sinks, taps, cabinet handles, accessories and more. Invest and make a statement in the kitchen with a durable, practical and easy-to-use farmhouse sink.
If you would prefer to browse options in store before committing to a purchase, we have a number of farmhouse sinks on display in our showroom.
We provide a flexible shopping experience, with both an online presence and a showroom located at Hudson Avenue, Castle Hill in New South Wales. A Melbourne design studio is opening in 2019. By appointment.